FIRST Steps Together is a home visiting program that provides flexible, community based and virtual services to parents that are expecting a child or are a parent of at least one child 5 or under (even if they don’t live with them) and are in recovery from opioids and/or stimulants.
FIRST Steps Together matches parents and expecting parents with a family recovery support specialist who is a person in recovery with specialized training in evidence-based parenting and recovery interventions. In addition, we have clinicians who are available to provide services. What makes FIRST Steps Together unique is the blended focus on parenting and recovery. We offer:
- Recovery and parenting groups in person or virtually
- Referrals for physical and mental health care and substance use treatment
- Connections to community-based services
- Help accessing support for basic needs
- Help with coordinating other services parents are already receiving
- (844) 243-4357
- Central Registration Desk
- (413) 358-4741
- Easthampton Office
Agency: Center for Human Development
Eligibility: Parents that are in recovery from opioids and/or stimulants and are expecting a child or a parent of at least one child 5 or under (even if they don’t live with them).
- Berkshire County
- Hampshire County