The Montachusett Opportunity Council's (MOC) Care AIDS Services provides comprehensive Medical Case Management aimed at increasing engagement in medical care, including:
- Enrolling clients in health insurance programs with online applications for Mass Health and the HIV Drug Assistance Program
- Referrals to MOC’s HIV specific nutrition program which includes nutritional interventions and assessments with a registered dietitian, food pantry services, Assistance with applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps)
The program also includes assistance with:
MOC’s Care Aids Services
- Applications for benefits and entitlements
- Medication/medical equipment purchasing program
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Educational programs
- Client advocacy
also provides Peer Support Services
for clients who are not fully engaged in medical care and treatment. Trained Peer Educators accompany clients to medical appointments and provide support and education through counseling and networking to strengthen the connection between medical care and health outcomes.MOC’s Care Aids Services Supportive Housing Program
provides homelessness prevention services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS and their family members. Homelessness prevention services include: housing search, rental start up assistance, rent and utility arrearage assistance, referrals for furnishings, housing advocacy, landlord mediation, and eviction prevention.
- 76 Summer St.
- Suite 210
- Fitchburg, MA 01420
Care Aids Services (Summer St., Fitchburg)
Business Line: (978) 345-4366
76 Summer St.
Agency: Montachusett Opportunity Council
Eligibility: Eligibility guidelines may vary by program. See information and requirements for specific program.
- Middlesex County
- Worcester County