Adult Basic Education provides free classes designed to help participants acquire the skills and credentials needed to achieve economic self-sufficiency and engage meaningfully in their communities as workers, parents, and community members.
Adult Basic Education classes, including preparation to earn the high school equivalency credential by taking the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) or GED test. Classes are designed to improve skills in reading, writing, math, and digital literacy.
- One-on-one tutoring support offered by volunteers
- Digital literacy integrated into all classes
- Advising and one-on-one assistance in résumé development, interviewing, and online job searching
- Advising to remove barriers to retention and to assist with transition to college, training or employment
- Referral to community resources
- Education Enrollment
- 35 Mt. Carmel Avenue, 3rd Floor
- Chicopee, MA 01103
Educational Enrollment (Chicopee)
35 Mount Carmel Ave.
Agency: Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
Eligibility: The Adult Basic Education programs are offered for those 16 years of age and older who are not enrolled in high school. Students of all income levels are welcome.
- Hampden County
- Chicopee, Hampden County
- Holyoke, Hampden County