WestMass ElderCare’s Congregate Housing is a housing option for elders and persons with disabilities. Supportive services are available as needed to provide assistance with activities of daily living, but 24-hour staffing is not available. Congregate Housing often is the solution to someone who is unable or unwilling to live alone, but does not need the full time care of a nursing or rest home.
Congregate Housing is a residential, shared living arrangement that fosters independence, provides supportive services, allows privacy and encourages companionship.
To be eligible for Congregate Housing, an individual must be:
- Age 60 or older or an adult under age 60 with a disability
- Meet income guidelines for a rental housing subsidy. Tenants pay 30% of net monthly income for rent
- Able to function independently with supportive services
- Interested in the social interactions of a shared living environment.
- (413) 538-9020
- Information and Referral
Agency: WestMass ElderCare Inc.
Eligibility: For information call WestMass ElderCare Information and Referral Department at (413) 538-9020. Residents who do not qualify for state-funded Home Care services may consult with the Resident Services Coordinator regarding available community options.
- Chicopee, Hampden County
- Holyoke, Hampden County
- Ludlow, Hampden County
- Belchertown, Hampshire County
- Granby, Hampshire County
- South Hadley, Hampshire County
- Ware, Hampshire County