*Please refresh your browser often to see most current information.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Program Listing

Search Categories
  • Personal Care Attendant (PCA)

    Agency: WestMass ElderCare Inc.

    Personal Care Assistance is provided in the home to people with disabilities or chronic disabling disease who need assistance with activities of daily living.

    WestMass ElderCare’s Personal Care Attendant (PCA) is a person who does things for you that you are physically unable to do yourself. A PCA also helps you do things that would take an exceptionally long time to do on your own. The duties of the PCA vary, depending on the nature of your disability and your daily schedule.
    PCAs can assist with laundry, shopping or housekeeping. PCAs can also help with other special needs such as maintaining wheelchairs or transportation to medical appointments.

    What are Personal Care Services?

    • Help with bathing or grooming
    • Help with dressing and undressing
    • Mobility, such as transfer, walking or using equipment to get around
    • Taking medications
    • Range of motion exercises (passive range of motion: physically assisting a member to perform range of motion exercises.
    • Eating: physically assisting a member to eat, including assistance with tube feeding and special nutritional and dietary needs.
    • Toileting: physical help with bowel and bladder needs/care.

    The individual is responsible for hiring, firing, training and managing his or her own Personal Care Assistant (PCA). The consumer is the employer and the PCA is the employee.

    • WestMass ElderCare (Holyoke)
      Fax: (413) 538-6258
      TTY: (800) 875-0287
      Toll-Free: (800) 462-2301
      Local: (413) 538-9020
      4 Valley Mill Rd.
      Holyoke, MA 01040

    Agency: WestMass ElderCare Inc.

    Languages Offered:

    Area(s) Served:
    • Chicopee, Hampden County
    • Holyoke, Hampden County
    • Ludlow, Hampden County
    • Belchertown, Hampshire County
    • Granby, Hampshire County
    • South Hadley, Hampshire County
    • Ware, Hampshire County

  • Add/Update Listing Powered by: skyClutch Logo