Cancer Connection offers cancer support groups as well as one-on-one guidance for individuals diagnosed with cancer, their families and caregivers. Cancer Connection offers a place where we can be ourselves, where we don’t need to censor what we say.
All Support Groups continue to meet on their regular schedules, by telephone or using video and audio-conferencing tools. If you would like to join a support group, please call the Cancer Connection at (413) 586-1642 for information and to register. If you get our answering machine, please speak clearly and leave your name and phone number and available times. One of our Befrienders will call you back as soon as possible.
- Living with Advanced Cancer - a support group for individuals whose treatment options will slow the progress of their disease but neither cure them nor offer them remissions. This group is not currently meeting in person. The facilitator contacts participants by phone and stays in touch with them.
- All Cancers - for people diagnosed with any type of cancer - Northampton and Amherst groups. Northampton group meets Tuesday evenings and Amherst group meets Monday midday, every other week.
- Living with Breast Cancer - meets Tuesdays late afternoon, twice monthly. A gathering for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer to support each other along the journey. Please call if you'd like to attend a session.
- Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer - meets on the fourth Thursday afternoon each month.
- Caregivers & Families - a support group for families and caregivers of people with cancer. Meets Thursday evenings twice monthly.
- Men Living with Cancer – meets Wednesday midday.
- Ovarian & Gynecological – meets Wednesday afternoons.
- Self-Care Skills and Support - this group provides guidance to help you kindly reconnect and care for yourself during and after treatment. Meets Wednesday evenings, twice monthly.
At Cancer Connection
we respect your privacy and ensure confidentiality. All participants sign a confidentiality agreement and are asked to keep the conversations private. We can talk about ideas outside of the group, but not about people. Cancer Connection
also offers complementary therapies, exercise and creative classes, and workshops.
- 41 Locust St.
- Northampton, MA 01060
Cancer Connection, Inc.
Fax: (413) 280-0223
Main Phone: (413) 586-1642
41 Locust Street
Agency: Cancer Connection, Inc.
Languages Offered: Translation services available with advance notice
Program Fees: None
Eligibility: Individuals living with a cancer diagnosis, their families and their caregivers
- Hampden County
- Franklin County
- Hampshire County