The Amherst Survival Center Community Store inventory consists of donated goods from people and businesses in the community and include gently worn clothes, shoes, coats, household items (small appliances, linens, towels, plates, flatware, etc.), outdoor living equipment (tents, outdoor stoves, sleeping bags, backpacks). Participants (customers or shoppers) can come in every day we’re open. All items are free. We provide the bag and information on limits. These Store shopping policies apply to all shoppers:
- COST: All items in the Community Store are free.
- BAGS AND ITEM LIMITS: The Community Store tries to provide everyone with a re-useable bag, please bring the bag with you on your next shopping trip to the Community Store.
- If you use a reusable bag, you can get up to 15 items. If you are uncertain about an over-sized item, please ask the Store Coordinator for assistance.
- If you need a bag, the Store will provide you with one. If you use a plastic bag, you are limited to 5 items or less.
LOOK FOR SIGNS IN THE STORE ON SPECIFIC ITEM LIMITS. Some of the store's Special Activities
- Tents and Sleeping Bags: we collect tents and sleeping bags, and outdoor living equipment (stoves, etc) March-April to distribute in April.
- Children’s Corner: The Community Store’s Children’s Corner includes children’s clothes in all sizes, toys and games, and children’s books.
- Prom Attire: we’ve accepted donations in the spring of prom attire and have made it available to high schoolers.
- Winter coats, boots: in all sizes, for women, men, and children
- Socks: the Store can always use new clean socks (all sizes).
- Holiday Gift Program: We gratefully accept donations of NEW children’s books (all ages) and family board games to distribute to families in our Food Pantry during the month of December.
- 138 Sunderland Rd.
- North Amherst, MA 01002
- P.O. Box 9629
- North Amherst, MA 01059-9629
Amherst Survival Center
Main Phone: (413) 549-3968
138 Sunderland Road
Agency: Amherst Survival Center
Program Fees: Free
- Franklin County
- Hampshire County