The Hadley Board of Health, as all local Boards of Health in Massachusetts, is required by state statutes and regulations to perform many important and crucial duties relative to the protection of public health, the control of disease, the promotion of sanitary living conditions, and the protection of the environment from damage and pollution. These requirements reflect the understanding that many critical health problems are best handled by the involvement of local community officials familiar with local conditions.
The following lists some, but not all, of the duties and responsibilities of the Board of Health:
- Health Care and Disease Control
- Enforcement of Sanitary Codes: Min. Standards of Fitness for Human Habitation
- Inspection of Dwellings
- Enforcement of the State Lead Poisoning Prevention Regulations
- Hazardous and Solid Waste Oversight
- Septage and Garbage Disposal
- Food Inspection
- 100 Middle St.
- 2nd Floor
- , MA 01035
- (413) 584-1590
- Hadley Town Clerk
- (413) 584-4562
- Main Phone/ Messages