The Easthampton Health Department and the Board of Health work towards the maintenance and promotion of a healthy community. The Board of Health is responsible for making health policy for the City of Easthampton, which includes creating new policies and regulations, holding public hearings on existing policies and regulations, issuing permits and hearing variance requests for existing policies and regulations. The Health Department is responsible for implementing the policies of the Board. As a result, The Department is responsible for the enforcement of policy, including inspections and fines. The Board and the Department meet their mission by focusing on the following practices:
The Board of Health's public health nurse provides clinical evaluation, case management, epidemiology, and health education.
- Assurance: Ensuring that all Easthampton residents have the services necessary to maintain or restore good health.
- Assessment: Systematically collecting, assembling, analyzing, and making available information regarding the health of the community, including statistics on health status, community health needs, and epidemiological studies of health problems.
- Policy Development: Developing and implementing comprehensive public health policies, regulations, and legislation.
- Promotion: Providing services and educational opportunities that encourage healthy environments and lifestyles.
The public health nurse’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct communicable disease investigation, surveillance and control
- Oversee the Tuberculosis Program
- Provide means for vaccinations directed by the immunization schedule and guidelines
- Organize and conduct immunization clinics for influenza
- Provide education and consultation to individuals, health care providers, and other agencies
- Participate in Emergency Preparedness planning
- 50 Payson Ave.
- Municipal Building
- Easthampton, MA 01027
- (413) 529-1430
- Health Agent