DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps partners with area schools and youth-serving agencies to create innovative full-time service opportunities throughout the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. AmeriCorps members use a collaborative, student-centered approach to support young people's autonomy, belonging and personal learning aspirations. They use arts and experiential learning activities to create spaces where young people can develop meaningful goals, drive their own solutions, make decisions, fail, learn and grow. AmeriCorps members build meaningful relationships with young people that become the basis for learning and growth by using creative methods, positive youth development, and motivational interviewing to inspire young people's sense of self-efficacy and investment in their own learning.
The DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps Program has three core elements:
- On-site youth work
- Community team service project
- Weekly workshops in areas such as youth work best practices, multiple intelligences, integrating the arts into learning environments, motivational interviewing, conflict resolution, positive youth development, social justice issues, civic engagement, group facilitation, life after AmeriCorps and asset-based community development
- (413) 774-7054
- Greenfield / Turners Falls / Orange / Northampton
DIAL/SELF (Federal St., Greenfield)
Greenfield / Turners Falls / Orange / Northampton: (413) 774-7054
196 Federal St.
Agency: DIAL/SELF Youth and Community Services
Program Fees: None
Eligibility: Members must be at least 18 years-old and U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or lawful permanent residents.
- Franklin County
- Hampshire County
- Athol, Worcester County
- Petersham, Worcester County
- Phillipston, Worcester County
- Royalston, Worcester County