Offering parenting education classes for parents who were either never married or who are separated and who have children under the age of 18.
For The Children (FTC) is a supportive parent education program, open to the public, that focuses on the needs of children of never-married parents. The program is two 2-1/2 hour long sessions and is held in the evenings. Topics include:
Only One Childhood (O1C)
- The vital role of parents in children’s lives
- Pitfalls for parents to avoid; understanding children’s needs
- Cooperative parenting; supporting children when parents live apart
is a communication skills program for separated and divorced parents who have previously completed a court-mandated parent education program. Learn parent communication skills, which can help you solve problems faster, save money by avoiding long court battles, and create a calmer atmosphere for your child and for yourself. The O1C Program
- Managing emotions carefully, and choosing words carefully
- Fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Focusing on common ground and on the present, not the past
Only One Childhood (O1C):
For the Children (FTC):
- (413) 586-8729
- HCBA Main Phone
Hampshire County Bar Association (Northampton)
Main Phone: (413) 586-8729
15 Gothic St., Suite 10
Agency: Hampshire County Bar Association
Program Fees: Flat fee; fee waivers available to those who qualify.
Eligibility: Parents who were never married or parents who are separated with children under age 18.