A Positive Place provides on-going assistance to people who are HIV positive, including referral to HIV/AIDS knowledgeable doctors, medical transportation, help accessing health insurance and financial assistance, and education about the disease. "Connections", is the agency’s weekly support group, co-facilitated by a licensed mental health clinician and our Peer Advocate. Members share concerns about the challenge of living with HIV, family issues, relationships, health, medications, doctor appointments, life before HIV, the practical things that make life more comfortable, spiritual concerns, and more. Topics may be suggested by the facilitators or by any member. It is the members who make the group meaningful for themselves.
Additional Programs and Services:
- Medical and social case management
- Government benefits, health insurance, and drug reimbursement application and advocacy
- Housing search, support and subsidies; rental and utilities assistance
- HIV education, positive prevention, risk reduction
- Peer navigation, recovery support and coaching
- Crisis management
- Medical transportation and emergency food assistance
- Referral to treatment, legal, dental, counseling, and other resources
- 2 Conz St.
- Northampton, MA 01060
A Positive Place Office:
- (888) 439-2370
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Relay
- (413) 582-2000
- Main Phone
A Positive Place (Cooley Dickinson)
A Positive Place: (413) 586-8288
2 Conz St.
Agency: Cooley Dickinson Healthcare Corporation
Program Fees: None.
Eligibility: Anyone living with HIV/AIDS.
- Hampshire County
- Franklin County