A Positive Place provides housing advocacy for homeless people living with HIV, and those at risk of homelessness or burdened by high rent. Our Housing Advocate supports clients with housing searches, referrals, landlord negotiations, eviction support and completion of housing applications. A limited number of tenant-based rental subsidies for eligible clients are available.
The Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS Program helps clients meet their needs of increased independence, financial/legal/housing stability, quality medical care, increased adherence to medication regimens, and a risk-free lifestyle and much more.
Additional Programs and Services:
- Medical and social case management
- Government benefits, health insurance, and drug reimbursement application and advocacy
- Housing search, support and subsidies; rental and utilities assistance
- HIV education, positive prevention, risk reduction
- Peer navigation, recovery support and coaching
- Crisis management
- Medical transportation and emergency food assistance
- Referral to treatment, legal, dental, counseling, and other resources
- 2 Conz St.
- Northampton, MA 01060
Health Care Services:
- (413) 582-2000
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital
- (888) 439-2370
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Relay
- (413) 586-8288
- A Positive Place Office
A Positive Place (Cooley Dickinson)
A Positive Place: (413) 586-8288
2 Conz St.
Agency: Cooley Dickinson Healthcare Corporation
Languages Offered: Spanish and access to interpreter services with advance notice.
Program Fees: None.
Eligibility: Anyone living with HIV/AIDS who has housing instabilities.
- Hampshire County
- Franklin County