RCAP Solutions provides Section 8 Mobile Vouchers to over low-income families throughout central Massachusetts. Rental units must meet minimum standards of health and safety, and the rent must be reasonable in comparison to rents for similar, non-assisted units in the same neighborhood or community. Rental assistance is paid directly to the landlord; the amount is determined based on the family’s income. The family pays the difference between the actual rent charged by the landlord and the Section 8 rental assistance.
Some Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers are used to provide long-term, “project-based” affordable housing. The rental assistance is tied to a specific unit for the term of a Housing Assistance Payments contract. The Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation Program is a HUD-funded rental assistance program that provides project-based assistance to eligible tenants living in units under contract with the program.
Other rental assistance programs ar avialable thropug RCAP Solution such as:
- The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services
- Shelter Plus Care: The McKinney Shelter Plus Care Program provides rental assistance and support services to homeless individuals and families with disabilities, primarily to those with mental illness, chronic substance abuse problems and/or HIV/AIDS.
- Family Self Sufficiency (FSS): A HUD program that encourages communities to develop local strategies to help voucher families obtain employment that will lead to economic independence and self-sufficiency.
- Supporting Neighborhood Opportunity in Massachusetts (SNO Mass): This program supports Housing Choice Voucher families with school-aged children making moves to communities with high quality schools, parks and open space and healthy, safe environments.
Main Office/ Reception:
- (978) 630-6602
- General Inquiries
- (800) 488-1969
- Main Phone
Agency: RCAP Solutions, Inc.
Program Fees: None
Eligibility: Low-income households and individuals and families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness
- Worcester County
- Athol, Worcester County
- Petersham, Worcester County
- Phillipston, Worcester County
- Royalston, Worcester County